Here are ten interesting facts about cars that will amaze you
Here are ten interesting facts about cars that will amaze you 04th August 2022
Have you ever wondered what an astounding invention your automobile is? How smoothly it moves across the roads and takes a U-turn with grace is truly mesmerising. Let’s unravel some interesting facts about cars that you might have heard or might be learning for the first time.
1. Do you know about 1 billion cars are plying on the roads currently? This number is only expected to double in the next 20 years, with the increasing usage of vehicles on the street. That means, if you get out of your house at any given point of the day, you are sure to spot at least 100 cars in 10 minutes hurtling down the roads going on with their busy days.
2. Have you seen those old cartoons where a car runs upside down at unbelievable speeds? Well, it’s not unbelievable anymore! This reality has been achieved by supercars and Formula 1 cars with modern technology. Theoretically, a formula 1 car could easily be driven upside down at high speeds.
While experimenting with this remarkable phenomenon, the critical calculation is the optimum speed required to produce enough traction with the road surface, so you don’t fall off due to gravity. You might have to maintain a speed of 130 miles per hour, or you could go right back down!
3. Most people have a fear of travelling by planes. The dire news flashes about the various plane crashes and the massive casualties do not help. But it’s shocking to note that the probability of getting killed in a plane crash is much lower than in a car accident. The odds of dying in a plane crash is 1 in 11 million, which is ludicrous compared to the 1 in 5000 in car crashes.
4. Do you sometimes imagine being an astronaut, going on the moon, and spacewalking to your heart’s desire? It is a far-fetched dream for most, but an interesting fact is that if you could ignore all the rules of physics for a month and drive a reasonable 100 km per hour, you would cover the distance to the moon in your sweet ride.
5. For those who have a hard time staying under the speed limit and crave a little thrill while driving, the first speeding ticket was issued in 1902 to a person driving at a scandalous speed of 70 km per hour.
6. A heartwarming fact for nature activists is that nearly 80 per cent of an average car is recyclable. This means that there is significantly less plastic waste generated by the automobile industry, as automotive recycling is one of the biggest industries in the world at the moment.
7. It seems ridiculous that people once used to have horse carriages instead of cars. What is even more interesting to note, however, is the fact that cars have evolved from horse carriages. For instance, a dashboard in the olden times would prevent the driver from getting muddy by the horse’s trotting!
8. Ethanol, used as car fuel, is made directly from sugarcane.
9. How often have you been frustrated about your car breaking down in the middle of the road? It seems almost understandable when you know that a car has nearly 30000 unique parts! It’s a miracle it doesn’t break down more often. So, it is undoubtedly best to research and buy car insurance online to stay stress-free about your vehicle.
10. A woman by the name of Mary Anderson invented the windshield wipers in 1902 and was soon granted a patent.
For many, the car is simply a means of commuting. But for car enthusiasts, their car means much more and is nothing less than a family member. But with the constant hustle and bustle of city life, it becomes tough to maintain your car as it’s supposed to. Regular servicing and maintenance are required to keep your car in the best shape.
Insurance is the best way to manage your finances efficiently, from ensuring the fitness of each mechanical part to the overall appeal of the car. Switch to digital transactions and buy car insurance online to avoid a hole in your wallet due to these expenses. You just need to regularly check your insurance policy and keep it up-to-date to prevent the policy from getting terminated.
Click HERE to buy car insurance online.
Disclaimer: The information provided above is for illustrative purposes only. To get more details, please refer to policy wordings and prospectus before purchasing a policy.