These seven factors determine your car insurance cost
These seven factors determine your car insurance cost 30th June 2022
Car insurance costs can vary significantly depending on various factors. The total price you give at the beginning of policy renewal is the cost of the car insurance. In this article, we will look at a few factors responsible for the total cost of your car insurance.
1. The model of the vehicle can significantly determine the cost of your insurance. The more the market value of the car, the more will be the insurance cost. If your vehicle has good engine capacity, advanced technology, and electronic features, the overall cost of your insurance will be higher.
2. The geographical location is a lesser considered factor when it comes to car insurance. If your location is the face of extreme weather conditions such as rains and cyclones, then it is likely that the costs will increase. These are not just limited to natural calamities. Human-made disasters like riots and vandalism also fall into this category. Areas prone to riots and destruction can lead to heightened insurance costs.
3. Driving records are one of the most crucial factors that decide the cost of your premium. If you have a clean track record with no accidents or speeding tickets, then it is highly likely that your insurance costs will reduce. If it is proven that you are a responsible driver, then it automatically translates to lesser chances of accidents and danger. On the other hand, even if you have one ticket or one accident under your belt, the insurance costs can drastically change.
4. Suppose you have never raised a claim or are eligible for a no-claim bonus when you sign up for your online motor insurance renewal. In that case, insurance companies will provide you with a hefty discount on the insurance costs. If no claims have been made so far in your tenure, it proves that you are a responsible driver and a car owner. All these are extra points that the insurance companies consider while calculating the final cost.
5. If you have opted for voluntary deductibles, then the overall cost of the insurance falls automatically. However, this will not be possible if you take third-party insurance. Ensuring that you as an owner will pay a pre-determined amount in case of accidents and damages is a sign of assurance that you will not partake in malpractice to take unlawful benefits of the insurance system. Due to this, insurance companies will provide you with a low-cost insurance policy.
6. Digital insurance is the new policy in the market. With everything digitised, companies can cut costs on operations. Hence, they can offer better policies at lower price points. Consider opting for an online motor insurance renewal to understand digital insurance better. You will get a perfect walkthrough of the online procedures.
7. The type of fuel that you use in your vehicles can also determine the cost of car insurance. If your vehicle runs on CNG or diesel, then the cost of insurance will be more than that of cars running on petrol. Not only that, but the mileage also decides the overall cost of your insurance. These factors contribute to the overall IDV or the insured declared value. The higher the IDV, the more the cost of car insurance.
These are some of the factors that affect the cost of the car. Remember that proper maintenance and aftercare will help your vehicle run smoothly for an extended period. You must provide timely maintenance and servicing to keep your car working correctly and efficiently. Add more value to your vehicle by investing in good car insurance offers available in India. If your car insurance is about to expire, let this article remind you to opt for online motor insurance renewal for a contactless and hassle-free experience.
Click HERE to find out more about online motor insurance renewal.
Disclaimer: The information provided above is for illustrative purposes only. To get more details, please refer to policy wordings and prospectus before purchasing a policy.